You must be wondering, Why is everybody so crazy about A small Orange? Well let’s start from the basics, A Small Orange is a new web hosting company in the market, of course as compared to the other web hosting giants, and is dedicated for one and only one thing, to offer the best at the most reasonable price. No unwanted packages, no downtime, superb servers, and awesome tech support. I personally have been using a Small Orange, since an year, and I don’t regret switching to them at all, in fact it was the best decision i have ever made. They value their customers the most, and user experience and satisfaction has been there mantra ever since.
A Small Orange Coupons 2015:
Below are some deals that you could grab, and get a huge discount on various Hosting Packages on A Small Orange as shown below.
20% of All A Small Orange Plans – ZUZIKO20
Discount Of $5 on First Month of your Hosting Plan – ZUZIKO5
Getting into Details and Why A Small Orange?
Now above was a very brief intro about the amazing web hosting company, and now let us have some look into it in detail and depth. And let us give you a in depth review for the same, since I have been using it and their service for a year, and would provide you with the insights. So let us begin.
Plans for Everyone and Excellent Features:
The best thing about A Small Orange is that they have very well categorized the hosting packages, that point out and impact straight on what the customer needs. No unnecessary services to dump out a little cash from your pocket, just what you need. That’s it, nothing more. The packages include, Shared Hosting, Business Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Cloud VPS, Dedicated Servers, Website Builder, and also they provide their customers with the Web development Support. Though we cannot get into the details here, about the what all packages, but you can surely check them out here.
Let us have a look at the broad and the most interesting features that ASO provides you with.
- Daily Backups: Well this is life saver. Their servers take down backups at regular intervals of 24 hours, and they can restore it for you, anytime or whenever your website lands into trouble. Though they recommend the users to take their own manual backups at their end too, but that shouldn’t be a problem in any case.
- 90 Day Money Back: The company is so confident about the service that they deliver, if you aren’t satisfied, you can apply for the money back program, and that has an validity upto 90 days. now which of the web hsot companies have been doing it?
- cPanel: cPanel, has been the most useful and the most easiest to use, and a really powerful tool for managing the web applications, and the directories. And ASO is no different from other companies, they do provide you with the traditional cPanel support for your hosting package.
- Ghost Blogging and Ruby on Rails: Their servers are installed with the node.js installed, which means they can let you use the Ghost Blogging platform, which majority of the web hosts do not. Most of the web hsots, use Ruby as a plugin for cPanel, but that is not the case with them. ASO uses Passenger, which is of course better and powerful than the previous one.
The company runs on the core values defined by the 4 major rules, which are People, Dependability, Integrity, and Relationships. According to ASO, as I quote them, “People are at the center of everything we do. This includes our employees, our customers, and our communities. It’s that simple.”
Nowadays, everything is online, most of the work is done online, and you are really dependent on it, and this is where their excellent comes into play. The company has many future plans, so you need not to worry about the future of your website for at least five to ten years, once you are up and running with them. The company believes in Integrity, and assures, that they will act with it. And needless to say, ASO loves their customers, and won’t let you down even in the downtime, though they are a rare site.
We are living in the Future, Internet now demands to be fast, so do the websites. If you know a little about Search Engine Optimization, then you might be knowing, that in the modern days of SEO, that are now, site speed and the optimization of the servers has a lot to do. And this is where A Small Orange experts in. Many reviewers have conducted tests on various plans of A Small Orange Packages, and the results have been great.
For instance, Tiny Plan from the company plan recorded a less-than-impressive speed of 1.7493 seconds to load our test site from 13 locations worldwide, and 1.4557 seconds from 7 U.S. locations. These are the average speeds, and the up time that have been measured from 10 days atleast. If the exact days speeds had to be listed, at the best for this plan, the ASO scored at a whopping y 0.8218 seconds from 7 U.S. locations, but when we talk of the average results, it comes down a bit, as the server down times, and other server side problems cannot be neglected in the longer run.
In a nutshell, though ASO is not the best out there in terms of speed, but at the price they provide their service, you are surely getting the best package. The servers are highly optimized and they will surely assist you in your search engine ranking efforts and help you with your online business and outrank your competition. Also if you are looking to read more about it, you could perhaps read this speed review, but it was taken a long time back.
The best part about a small orange is their pricing, and the way they are structured. No useless features to delight you, they just provide you with the tools that you need, and no unnecessary tools claiming to make your life better. Also you can manually chooe between the tools you would like to have. Also there is an option, in which you won’t even have to get a cpanel install on your account.
As you can see above in the screenshot, company does not claim to be providing you with the unlimited plans, with hidden terms and conditions. You simply pay for the things you want, and don’t for the things that you don’t want. You can click on the image above, to view the pricing and the plans in more detail.
In the past A Small Orange had issues with the Customer Support area, but at the moment they have really improved it. The company has been targeting to what pleases, the user and they now offer and provide you with the best of the customer support out in the market. believe it or not, it is their customer Support that would blow you apart.
The time they take to get back to your is absolutely phenomenal, whenever you open a ticket for any issue that you might be possibly facing, the team gets back to you within half an hour. And the issue is generally solved within hours from that time frame. Also if you go out and read reviews on the internet about their customer support, you wouldn’t be disappointed at all. So if you are the guy that wants an unconditional love and support from your web host company, and get your issue solved within hours (who doesn’t?), ASO is the way to go.
Details about Data Centers:
As we had talked above about the importance of the site speed to your business, and it is as obvious that the location of the server is a major factor that influences that How fast your site would open on A Small Orange? To break it down, A Small Orange has two main data centers in the US, which are in Dallas in Texas, and Dearborn in Michigan. The data centers provide with the best of the performance, and with the security and the support and service that you would want from a typical data center. They are located in the US itself, so it means that the site speed is going to be blazing fast! Also if you are looking to dig into more of the details about the data centers, then you could have a look them below.
- The facility has a area of about 68,000 square feet, including of a raised floor.
- Redundant HVAC with Liebert air handlers
- Each CRAC unit supported by independent roof mounted condenser
- SSAE 16 SOC 1 audited facility
- 300lbs/square foot leads
2. Security and Support:
- Full CCTV surveillance backed by digital recording on file for 90 days
- Multiple layers of security and authentication; including card key, PIN, and biometrics required for facility entrance
- 24x7x365 on-site support technicians
- Biometric access
- 11.1 MW power capacity
- Power-to-space ratio of 250 watts/square foot
- 2n power through four (4) autonomous power plants
- Generators tested weekly and routinely run at full load
- Six (6) backup diesel generators on standby
- Onsite fuel with over 50,000 gallons capa
- Contains a fully redundant, 2N architecture for high density applications
- A high performance IP managed premium network
- Multi-homed, carrier neutral
- Two distinct BGP network meshes for diverse peering:
- Level3, Abovenet, TimeWarner, Suddenlink
- Level3, Cogent, Global Crossing, IP Transit
- Arbor Networks PeakFlow DDoS detection
- SSAE 16 type I&II audited facility
- 7,000 square feet of raised floor
- 250lbs/square foot raised floor capacity
- Single tenant, single-story building
- Redundant N+1 HVAC underfloor cooling
2. Security and Support:
- Physical ID check and keycard access
- 24x7x365 on-site support technicians
- Full CCTV surveillance backed by digital recording on file
- 7,000 square feet of raised floor
- 300 KW diesel generator with 5,000 gallons onsite fuel capacity
- 600 Amp commercial utility power feed from Detroit Edison
- N+1 automatic transfer switch for redundant failover capacity between UPS & Generator
- Generator tested weekly with load
- 250 KVA UPS battery power with A/B power feeds
- High performance IP Managed network
- Arbor Networks PeakFlow DDoS Mitigation
- Multi-homed BGP meshed network for diverse peering
- Network providers include:
- Level3, Global Crossing, Savvis, Cogent
So in the end concluding, that A Small Orange is a hosting really worth trying, at least once. Though they don’t have any tempting unlimited plans at extremely low prices, like the other hostings have to offer. But they really provide value to the customers, and have things to offer which you want and which you use. No hidden terms and conditions, in terms of bandwidth usage, and disk spaces. You get what you pay for. So I guess it should sum it all, they are a great hosting company, with ethics, good customer support value, decently priced plans, and Homegrown Sweet Orange Love.